You can volunteer your time to mentor a single mother who has recently arrived in Spokane. As a group, you and your team can help her adjust to life in the U.S, gather household and baby items, help her with English, connect her to local resources and most of all, be a friend.
Our volunteers are trained, guided and supported by very dedicated World Relief staff who will come alongside you as you build relationships with refugee friends.
How do you get involved?
- Form a group of 3-5 women who can commit at least six months to mentoring a single refugee mother
- Attend a volunteer orientation. Register online here
- Complete the volunteer application and background check
- Design a plan and schedule a point person to assign and organize mentoring tasks
- World Relief Volunteer Coordinator will connect with your team with the woman you will be mentoring