Step into the perspective of a refugee in this educational experience designed to instill understanding and compassion.
Separated into families from various countries, groups must memorize their biographies before visiting immigration officials, a feeding station, a medical screening clinic and a language acquisition class. Families must pass interviews at each of these stations on their journey to freedom.
- Three hour experience includes (1) an introduction to refugee resettlement, (2) four interactive stations, and (3) a group debrief
- Groups of 16-30 people recommended for an effective experience
- Perfect for schools, churches, staff groups & more
- Simulation held at World Relief Spokane office
For more information or to book your experience, contact:
Richard Mandeville, Refugee Simulation Coordinator
If you completeled the refugee simulation and would like to provide feedback, click here to fill out our new evaluation form. Thank you.
"...Powerful, engaging and a wonderful learning experience honoring our wealth of cultural diversity within Spokane..."
- Dee Dee Quintero, Garfield School
"Experiencing the refugee simulation opened my eyes to the immense needs in the world, condensed right here in Spokane's refugee population."
- Mary Kate Hamilton, Institutional Technology Support Center