Internships are open for Summer 2018!
Interns are essential in any successful refugee agency and World Relief Spokane is proud to have an excellent relationship with all its interns. Our agency benefits from the hard work of such dedicated individuals and the students are equally rewarded with a rich, cross-cultural experience gained from direct contact with a refugee/refugee family. World Relief Spokane offers a variety of opportunities in different departments for interns. Specific position descriptions are available on the right side of the page.
Applications are due April 6th, and interviews will be held in the 2 weeks following.
Intern interviews: Interviews will be conducted at the World Relief Spokane office between Monday, April 9 and Friday, April 20, 2018. Interviews last no more than one hour and occur between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Internship start and end dates: May 7th - August 10th (flexible)
Intern acceptances: Applicants who are interviewed will be contacted by 5 p.m., Monday, April 23rd 2018 with a decision.
Required orientation: Accepted interns are to attend training at the World Relief Spokane office.
*Note: World Relief recognizes that applicant’s schedules vary and we are able to be flexible in certain situations with start and end dates.
Intern with our:
• Resettlement and Extended Services Department
• Employment Department
• Health Care Specialists
• Church and Community Engagement Department
Fall Semester (Aug-Dec): July 6th, 2018
Spring Semester (Jan-May): December 1st, 2017
Summer Semester (May-Aug): April 6th, 2018
*If you’d like to submit an application after the posted deadlines, please email to inquire if specific internship positions are still available.
Commit to 15-20 hours per week for a minimum of 10 weeks. Required hours must be logged during World Relief's office hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 4:30pm.
- Anyone can apply for an internship (per Title 7), however a qualified applicant is one who affirms and signs the statement of faith agreement and the Mission/Vision/Values acknowledgement.
- If selected, applicants should be prepared to complete a criminal and motor vehicle background check (free of charge) through WR.
- World Relief Spokane is able to provide oversight and fill out forms necessary for selected interns to receive academic credit for their internship.
- Must have enthusiasm for empowering the local Church, serving refugees in the Spokane area and an understanding of multi-cultural settings.
- Must understand that all World Relief internships are unpaid.
- Must understand that working in a multi-cultural setting requires extreme patience, problem-solving skills and ability to adjust to change.
- Must be reliable, timely, independent, organized, creative, and most importantly, flexible.
- Must be able to provide transportation to and from the World Relief office, and potentially for various reasons throughout the internship process.
- Must have a willingness to work in refugees’ homes and spend time in medical provider facilities (for some positions).
- Must be willing to dress in appropriate business casual clothing.
Download the application here: Spokane Intern Application 2018.doc
For more information, or to send in your application, please contact:
Kerry Callahan, Intern Coordinator
(e) email@example.com (p) 509.321.1874