Step into the perspective of a refugee in this educational experience designed to instill understanding and compassion.
Separated into families from various countries, groups must memorize their biographies before visiting immigration officials, a feeding station, a medical screening clinic and a language acquisition class. Families must pass interviews at each of these stations on their journey to freedom.
- Three hour experience includes (1) an introduction to refugee resettlement, (2) four interactive stations, and (3) a group debrief
- Groups of 16-35 people recommended for an effective experience
- Perfect for schools, churches, staff groups & more
- Simulation held at World Relief Spokane office
For more information or to book your experience, contact:
Kaitlyn Coakley, Refugee Simulation Coordinator
"...Powerful, engaging and a wonderful learning experience honoring our wealth of cultural diversity within Spokane..."
- Dee Dee Quintero, Garfield School
"Experiencing the refugee simulation opened my eyes to the immense needs in the world, condensed right here in Spokane's refugee population."
- Mary Kate Hamilton, Institutional Technology Support Center