Internships are open for Fall 2018!
World Relief Spokane benefits from the hard work of dedicated interns who are equally rewarded with rich, cross-cultural experiences serving refugees with us. We've had interns from many universities in Spokane and across the country. We offer a variety of opportunities in different departments. Specific position descriptions are available on the right side of the page.
Applications are due July 6th, and interviews will be held in the 2 weeks following.
Intern interviews: Interviews will be conducted at the World Relief Spokane office between Monday, July 9th and Friday, July 20th, 2018. Interviews last no more than one hour and occur between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Internship start and end dates: August 21st - December 15th (flexible)
Intern acceptances: Applicants who are interviewed will be contacted by 5 p.m., Monday, July 23rd, 2018 with a decision.
Required orientation: Accepted interns attend a half-day of training at the World Relief Spokane office. Our training date for Fall 2018 is TBD.
*Note: World Relief recognizes that applicant’s schedules vary and we are able to be flexible in certain situations with start and end dates.
Intern with our:
Resettlement or Extended Case Management Department
Medical Case Management Department
Employment Programs Department
Digital Communications Department
Volunteer Coordination Department
Church and Community Engagement Department
Immigration and Legal Services Department
Fall Semester (Aug-Dec): July 6th, 2018
Spring Semester (Jan-May): December 7th, 2018
Summer Semester (May-Aug): April 5th, 2019
*If you’d like to submit an application after the posted deadlines, please email to inquire if specific internship positions are still available.
- Commit to 15-20 hours per week for a minimum of 10 weeks. Required hours must be logged during World Relief's office hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm.
- Anyone can apply for an internship (per Title 7), however a qualified applicant is one who affirms and signs the statement of faith agreement and the Mission/Vision/Values acknowledgment.
- If selected, applicants should be prepared to complete a criminal and motor vehicle background check (free of charge) through WR.
- World Relief Spokane is able to provide oversight and fill out forms necessary for selected interns to receive academic credit for their internship.
- Must have enthusiasm for empowering local churches, serving refugees in the Spokane area and an understanding of multi-cultural settings.
- Must understand that all World Relief internships are unpaid.
- Must understand that working in a multi-cultural setting requires extreme patience, problem-solving skills and ability to adjust to change.
- Must be reliable, timely, independent, organized, creative, and most importantly, flexible.
- Must be able to provide transportation to and from the World Relief office.
- Must have a willingness to work in refugees’ homes and spend time in medical provider facilities (for some positions).
- Must dress in appropriate business casual clothing.
Download the application here: Spokane Intern Application 2018.doc
For more information, or to send in your application, please contact:
Kerry, Intern Coordinator
(e) email@example.com (p) 509.321.1874