Some of the most important services we provide at World Relief Spokane are through our refugee employment programs. Though refugees come with varying levels of English and education, they all share a common goal of being employed and self-sufficient in their new home.
Vocabulary for the workplace
How to be a rock-star employee
- One on one coaching and support from their employment case manager and volunteers
- Assistance in finding and securing employment, and completing pre-employment paper work
- Hands on training for some entry level positions
- Financial assistance with transportation expenses, clothing for work, and hygiene products
- Ongoing support for at least 90 days after hire
Support to Employers
Our goal is to help our clients succeed, AND to support their employers. Our employment staff is available to assist employers as needed in the hiring process and after employment begins. World Relief staff is familiar with cultural and language barrier issues that can usually be resolved fairly quickly. Employers are welcome to call, and our employment staff will help with resources and/or in-person support at the job site.
Are you interested in employing refugees at your business? Click here to contact our employment team.
Enrolling in Employment Services
Are you a refugee looking for a new job or employment upgrade? World Relief may be able to help you. Call Christi Armstrong at 509-484-9829 x102 and leave a message with your name and phone number. We will contact you to determine if we are the right fit for you.